TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WEBSITE USE
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
Please read these Terms and Conditions of Use carefully before you start to use my Site, as these will apply to your use of my Site. I recommend that you print a copy of these Terms & Conditions for future reference.
By using my Site, you confirm that you accept these Terms and Conditions of Use, and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use, you must not use my Site.
Other Applicable Terms
These Terms and Conditions of Use refer to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of my Site:
- My Acceptable Use Policy below, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our Site. When using our Site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
Information About Us
www.deardiaryresearch.co.uk is a Site operated by Kate Carruthers Thomas (“I”). I am Kate Carruthers Thomas, 4 Brincliffe Court, Nether Edge, Sheffield S7 1RX
Changes to these Terms and Conditions of Use
I may revise these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time by amending this page.
Please check this page from time-to-time to take notice of any changes I make, as they are binding on you.
Changes to my Site
I may update my Site from time-to-time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on my Site may be out of date at any given time, and I am are under no obligation to update it.
I do not guarantee that my Site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing my Site
My Site is made available free of charge.
I do not guarantee that my Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to my Site is permitted on a temporary basis. I may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of my Site without notice. I will not be liable to you if for any reason my Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to my Site.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access my Site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and Conditions of Use and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
Your Account and Password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of my security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intellectual Property Rights
I are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in my Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are hereby reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from my Site for your personal use, and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on my Site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
My status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on my Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or my licensors.
If you print off, copy or download any part of my site in breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use, your right to use my Site will cease immediately and you must, at my option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
No Reliance on Information
The content on my site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on my site.
Although I make reasonable efforts to update the information on my site, I make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on my site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of my Liability
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Use excludes or limits my liability for death or personal injury arising from my negligence, or my fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
To the extent permitted by law, I exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to my Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
I will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, my Site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on my Site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, I will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that I only provide my Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use my Site for any commercial or business purposes, and I have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
I will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of my Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
I assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on my Site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. I will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Uploading Content & Information to my Site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload information or any other content to my Site, you must comply with the content standards set out in my Acceptable Use Policy, below.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage I suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
I do not guarantee that my Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access my Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse my Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, bats, spiders, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to my Site, the server on which my Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to my Site. You must not attack my Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. I will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and I will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use my Site will cease immediately.
Linking to my Site
You may link to my home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage my reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on my part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to my Site in any website that is not owned by you.
My Site must not be framed on any other Site, nor may you create a link to any part of my Site other than the home page.
I reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in my Acceptable Use Policy, below.
If you wish to make any use of content on my Site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Third party links and resources in my site
Where my Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
I have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access my website hosted at www.deardiaryresearch.co.uk (my Site). This Acceptable Use Policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, my Site.
Your use of my Site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this Acceptable Use Policy, which supplement my Terms and Conditions of Website Use, above.
You may use my Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use my Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with my content standards, below
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, bats, spiders, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of my Site in contravention of the provisions of my Terms and Conditions of Website Use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of my Site;
- any equipment or network on which my Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of my Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These Content Standards apply to any and all information/material which you contribute to my Site (contributions).
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and Termination
I will determine, in my discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of my Site. When a breach of this Policy has occurred, I may take such action as I deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of the Terms and Conditions of Use above, upon which you are permitted to use my Site, and may result in my taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use my Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to my Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as I reasonably feel is necessary.
I exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and I may take any other action I reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
I may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time-to-time to take notice of any changes I make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Acceptable Use Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on my Site.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting my Site.